A spread bursting with flavor!
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups Vern's shredded medium cheddar
- 8 strips Nueske bacon. Cooked and crumbled.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (1lb) Round Sourdough bread loaf
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except bread loaf
- Cut 1/4 off the top of the bread and carefully hollow out the bowl leaving a 1 inch shell (Save bread, if desired for dipping into mixture)
- Spoon cheese mixture into bread bowl
- Wrap into heavy duty aluminum foil or double wrap it
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour
- Serve with cut up bread pieces, veggie crackers, or tortilla chips